Junior Content Producer
PAARL, WESTERN CAPE
Do you have what it takes to work for one of South Africa’s leading community radio stations? KC 107.7 is now recruiting for a Junior Content Producer based at its studio in Paarl in the Western Cape.
The incumbent will be immersed in both the community radio and digital media worlds. They will be mentored and trained by experienced broadcasters and news experts while leading a new digital content team, including volunteers.
You will have the rare opportunity to influence the content agenda, whether it is via the radio or digital and social media platforms. You’ll coordinate the daily, weekly, and monthly content schedules, ensuring perfect alignment with the Radio KC brand and audience.
This is a demanding job with a varied range of responsibilities.
- You’ll use your technical skills to produce and edit audio samples for different mediums. You’ll use your creative flair to conjure up ideas for forthcoming shows, write scripts and make the most of audience-generated content, such as sound bites and phone-ins.
- You’ll use your organizational skills to enhance the broadcast team through great content production, including breaking news. You’ll be required to build relationships with a great variety of stakeholders.
- You’ll assume overall responsibility for the growth and content of all of the station’s social media platforms. You will be required to attend events and provide real-time coverage on both on-air and off-air channels.
- You will work with the business development team to create digital campaign propositions and content that will help achieve overall sales and marketing objectives.
- You will schedule guests and assist in crafting appropriate directions for day-to-day programming. This will require effective interaction with on-air talent and guests when needed.
- A diploma or degree in journalism would be advantageous.
- A valid code 8 driver’s license and own, reliable transport are recommended.
- Previous radio experience would count in your favor.
- Able to work outside of standard office hours as and when required, including weekends and public holidays.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Excellent writing, grammar, and proofreading skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team.
Applications close on Friday, 11 June 2021.
Email applications to [email protected] or 021 871 1438