News and Content Editor
PAARL, WESTERN CAPE
We are looking for a dynamic person to head the news content on one of South Africa’s leading community radio stations? KC 107.7 is now recruiting News and Content Editor to lead our news team into the new digital age.
The incumbent will be immersed in both the community radio and digital media worlds. They will be mentored and trained by experienced broadcasters and news experts while leading a new digital content team, including volunteers.
You will have the rare opportunity to influence the content agenda, whether it is via the radio or digital and social media platforms. You’ll coordinate the daily, weekly and monthly content schedules, ensuring perfect alignment with the Radio KC brand and audience.
This is a demanding job with a varied range of responsibilities.
- Manage a small News team at KC 107.7 to read and compile news bulletins a day.
- Be responsible for all verification of information and stories.
- Write and post news stories on the web and posts on social media to drive audiences to the Web Site.
- Attending press conferences and other media events.
- Delivering reports from the field for use in news bulletins and digital postings.
- Conducting news research via, internet sites, social media, newspapers, and other sources.
- Performing administrative functions such as diary maintenance, Newsroom admin, monthly reports, and ICASA logging.
- Assign the daily and weekly diary for the news team.
- Manage the writing of Stories written in a format, which is appropriate to the medium and the audience.
- Make sure Bulletin scripts comply with the station’s license requirements, and with reference to priorities on GBV, Education, and Social-economic change.
- Bulletins are delivered on air in a manner that is pleasant, inoffensive, professional, and intelligible.
- Provide the GM with a monthly report on all news and content.
· A diploma or degree in journalism would be advantageous.
· A valid code 8 driver’s license and own, reliable transport is recommended.
· Previous radio experience would count in your favor.
· Able to work outside of standard office hours as and when required, including weekends and public holidays.
· Excellent communication and written skills.
· Excellent writing, grammar and proofreading skills.
· Excellent attention to detail.
· Ability to work in a team.
Applications close on Friday, 11 June 2021.
Email applications to [email protected] or 021 871 1438